GIF images (Graphics Interchange Format) is a file that contains a graphic image that has movement. They are then put on a loop that lets them play continuously.
GIFs are popularly used on Social Media, so why not implement them into your visual branding?
Creating GIFs has never been so easy to create. They are so easy that they are multiple apps and programs that can help you create your very own.
You can also create GIFs from your computer through various programs, so if you have access to Photoshop you already have a tool within the software that will create awesome personalized GIFs right from your computer. To show you how easy they are to create, I have created a video on how you can create a simple text below:
If you would like to follow along with the tutorial, you can also receive the pattern I used to make the GIF here.
Here’s a quick overview of how to create the text GIF in Photoshop
- Begin with a new document in Photoshop( 1080px X 1080px)
- Create a new layer of the first locked layer
- Using the Type Tool, type the word “Create.” Center the text within the document
- Click on the “File” menu and choose “Place Embedded”
- Choose the pattern you would like to use
- The pattern will automatically be placed above all the layers.
- Keep the pattern size as is
- With the pattern layer still selected, right click on the layer and select “Create Clipping Mask”
- The pattern layer has now made a mask on the word “Create”
- Now open the “Timeline” window in the Windows Menu
- Once the Timeline Window is opened choose “Create Frame Animation”
- With the first frame opened, select “Duplicate Frame”
- With the second frame opened, move the pattern upward from the previous position it was in
- Repeat this until there is no more of the pattern left
- Select all the frames and change them to 0.1 seconds.
- Keep the frames selected and duplicate the frames up to 35 frames
- Change to loop it for “Forever”
- Click Save
- Click File, Export and Render Video
- To export as a GIF, File>Export> Save For Web (Legacy)> Save> Done